Leadership is a very critical issue. It determines decisions, direction and destinies. There are many dimensions to leadership but in this series we will look at raising and reproducing leaders. We will see how the leader can raise followers to become leaders.
Successful leaders don’t produce followers but raise and reproduce leaders.
“I start with the premise that the function of leadership is to produce more leaders, not more followers.” Ralph Nader
“And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also.” 2 Timothy 2:2.
God’s pattern for leadership is never a one-man show. A leader should be able to reproduce other leaders.
“The greatest leader is not necessarily the one who does the greatest things. He is the one that gets the people to do the greatest things.” Ronald Reagan
Every leader is called to raise and reproduce other leaders. Part of his inherent function is to discover, develop and deploy other leaders. Success, they say, without a successor is a failure.
- Moses reproduced Joshua, Caleb, Hur and many elders.
- Elijah reproduced Elisha.
- Elisha reproduced Gehazi (though he was not a successful reproduction).
- Jesus reproduced twelve disciples and many others.
- Paul reproduced Timothy, Silas, Mark, etc.
«The single biggest way to impact an organization is to focus on leadership development. There is almost no limit to the potential of an organization that recruits good people, raises them up as leaders and continually develops them.» John Maxwell
Why reproduce leaders?
1) Multiplier effect on the work. “. . . one chase a thousand, and two put ten thousand to flight . . . ” Deuteronomy 32:30.
2) Allows for specialization and consequently greater efficiency. Raising and reproducing leaders is not cloning the main leader but raising leaders to discover, develop and deploy their unique gifting thereby creating a diversity in the personnel and operation of the organization.
“The growth and development of people is the highest calling of leadership.” Harvey Firestone
3) Security. “Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour. For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up. Again, if two lie together, then they have heat: but how can one be warm alone? And if one prevail against him, two shall withstand him; and a threefold cord is not quickly broken.” Ecclesiastics 4:9-12.
TO BE CONTINUED
YOU SHOULD NOT MISS THESE HEADLINES FROM NIGERIAN TRIBUNE
Last week was one of twists and turns for First Bank of Nigeria Limited, the nation’s oldest banking institution. It was a week that saw the bank’s MD sacked and reinstated, as major shareholders struggled for control of the financial powerhouse. SULAIMON OLANREWAJU reports…
A witness of the Lekki tollgate shooting incident, Miss Sarah Ibrahim has presented video evidence of people injured and killed at the scene to the Lagos State Judicial Panel. Tribune Online reports that…
Onitsha residents are currently in fear, as a truck fully loaded with cartons of live bullets fell into a ditch and spilled its content all around the street, in the commercial city of Anambra State…
After Two Years, Daddy Freeze Apologises To Bishop Oyedepo
Daddy Freeze whose real name is Ifedayo Olarinde has apologised to Bishop Oyedepo who is the presiding bishop and founder of Living Faith Church aka Winners Chapel…
You may be interested
The Economic and Funancial Crimes Commission (EFCC) on Saturday in Abuja confirmed the arrest…admin - July 31, 2021
BREAKING: EFCC arrests, detains Saraki over alleged corruption Posted by News Express | 31 July 2021 | 563 times •Ex-Senate…
APC Congress: Enugu result sheets intact – Election Committee chair, Arodiogbuadmin - July 31, 2021
The chairman of the All Progressives Congress, APC, ward congress Committee in Enugu State, Dr. Ijeomah Arodiogbu has said that…
Two warring factions of APC hold parallel ward congresses in Kwaraadmin - July 31, 2021
The two major warring factions of the All Progressives Congress, APC, in Kwara State, held their separate ward congresses without…