UPDATE: Court finds Olisa Metuh guilty of five-count in N400m fraud trial

February 25, 2020
39 Views

Former National Publicity Secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Chief Olisa Metuh, has been found guilty of five out of the seven counts charge slammed against him by the federal government.

Justice Okon Abang of the Federal High Court, in a judgment commenced since nine o’clock this morning, said Metuh “is not a witness of truth” and that he concealed and converted the sum of N400 million he received from former NSA, Col Dasuki Sambo (rtd), to fund the political activities of the PDP and personal use.

The judge said the prosecution was able to prove to the court that Metuh converted the sum of N400 million of public fund for the political activities of his party and personal purpose.

ALSO READ: https://tribuneonlineng.com/court-remands-ex-convict-for-allegedly-stealing-cell-phone/

ALSO READ:

Abang said the expenditure of the money received by Metuh through his company was inconsistent with the purpose for which it was given.

The judge said Metuh failed to place any evidence before the court that the money was paid into the account of Destra investment by former President Goodluck Jonathan as he claimed.

Judgment in count five and six in ongoing.

The court had earlier found him guilty on count one to the effect that the former PDP spokesman knew that the N400 million paid into the account of his company, Destra Investment Limited, was a proceed of unlawful activities of the former NSA.

Details later …

You may be interested

Gossip

#BBNaija: Noble Igwe concludes an all-expense paid trip to Cyprus for Ozo

admin - September 21, 2020

Popular Nigerian socialite, Noble Igwe has announced that he has concluded plans for an all expense paid trip for evicted…

News
1 views

EDO 2020 | Disarm Your Thugs, Edo APC Tells Obaseki

admin - September 21, 2020

The All Progressives Congress (APC) in Edo state has called for the withdrawal of arms and ammunitions, which were imported…

Ooni of Ife goes into seclusion
News
5 views
News
5 views

Ooni of Ife goes into seclusion

admin - September 21, 2020

The Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi, on Sunday, moved into Ile Mole, Iremo Quarters, Ile-Ife. He will be secluded…

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.