Naija News recalls that the Ondo Governor had earlier in the week lifted the ban on social gathering in the southwest state to allow churches to hold Easter services on Sunday, April 12.
The directive generated reactions as residents of the State expressed dismay over the Governor‘s approval that Christians should converge on churches on Sunday to commemorate Easter.
However, following the confirmation of the second case of coronavirus in Ondo, Governor Akeredolu took to the micro-blogging site, Twitter on Saturday, April 11 to announce that the services would not hold as earlier scheduled.
“I’ve heard you all and your concerns on the need to #LockDownOndo. I have just concluded a meeting with CAN and we have resolved that the services will not hold again. Thanks for your concerns. Stay blessed and Happy Easter to you all,” the Ondo Governor tweeted.
Share this post with your Friends on
Looking for something? Search below
You may be interested
Recruitment: 85% of Applicants to Join Nigerian Army Hold PhD, Masters Degreeadmin - January 22, 2021
By Abraham Olatokunbo Eighty-five per cent of the applicants into the Nigerian Army’s direct short service cadre are PhD and…
Terrorism: Group Says Nigeria Has Made Giant Strides in Rights Complianceadmin - January 22, 2021
The Coalition of Human Rights Monitoring Groups (CHRMG) says Nigeria has made significant strides in human rights compliance in…
Presidency tackles Ondo governor over order to Fulani herdsmen to…admin - January 21, 2021
<!-- Presidency tackles Ondo governor over order to Fulani herdsmen to vacate forests – ElombahNews HomeSecurityPresidency tackles Ondo governor over…