Abba Kyari, Chief of Staff to the president of Nigeria, died on Friday in Lagos, Nigeria after battling the deadly coronavirus for over a year.
Kyari was a journalist and former banker, who held senior positions in some of the country’s banks.
Kyari’s death was announced via a statement issued by Femi Adesina, the spokesperson of President Muhammadu Buhari.
The statement read: “Chief of Staff to the President, Mallam Abba Kyari, passes on. May God rest his soul. Amen. Funeral arrangements to be announced soon”
As a parting shot, we highlight 10 things you may not know about the close ally and bosom friend of President Buhari.
– He was from the Kanuri tribe in Borno State.
– He graduated with a bachelor’s degree in sociology from the University of Warwick and also received a bachelor’s degree in law from the University of Cambridge
– He was called to the Nigerian Bar in 1983 after attending the Nigerian Law School.
– He obtained a master’s degree in law from the University of Cambridge in the year 1984.
– He later attended the International Institute for Management Development in Lausanne, Switzerland and participated in the Program for Management Development at the Harvard Business School, in 1992 and 1994, respectively.
– Kyari worked for the law firm Fani-Kayode and Sowemimo for some time after his return to Nigeria.
– He also functioned as the editor with the New Africa Holdings Limited Kaduna between 1988 – 1990.
– In 1990, he served as a Commissioner for Forestry and Animal Resources in Borno State.
– President Muhammadu Buhari appointed him as the Chief of Staff in August 2015.
– Mr. Kyari had a wife and four children.
Share this post with your Friends on
Looking for something? Search below
You may be interested
Court Jails 14 Internet Fraudsters In Calabaradmin - September 29, 2020
The Uyo Zonal office of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC on Monday, September 28, 2020 secured the conviction…
Security: NIS trains 320 personnel for North-West operationsadmin - September 29, 2020
<!-- Security: NIS trains 320 personnel for North-West operations - ElombahNews HomeNewsSecurity: NIS trains 320 personnel for North-West operations
Laycon played dirty to reach the finale, bad-mouthed & betrayed many HMS, He won but Karma pays back – Twitter man saysadmin - September 29, 2020
A Twitter user, Daniel Regha has taken to the platform to allege that the just concluded BBNaija show was biased.…