September 8, 2020
32 Views

Sultan

The Sultan of Sokoto

The Sultan of Sokoto, Sa’ad Abubakar III has lamented about the incessant killings in Southern Kaduna, as he expressed displeasure over the turn of events.

The Monarch who decried the killings during a meeting of Northern Traditional Rulers’ Council in Kaduna on Monday September 7, described it as a madness which must stop immediately.

Abubakar also appealed to Nigerians to stop making themselves necessary tools of violence, as only innocent children are killed while that of the elites are protected. The Sultan said;

“No man in his right senses go on a killing spree of innocent people under whatever guise.

“If you keep on igniting killings based on ethno-religious differences because it is the innocent children that are killed while that of the elites are protected”
Abubakar carpeted politicians for being behind the lingering crisis in the southern part of Kaduna

He, however, warned that if the brains behind such atrocities did not stop they would be consumed by their own traps.

Nasir el-Rufai, governor of Kaduna, said southern Kaduna crisis has lingered since the first Kasuwan Magani riot in Kajuru local government area in 1980.

He said his administration has been making efforts to end the killings and restore peace.

The governor added that a military base and mobile police depot were established in the area while the air force and strike force personnel had been deployed in the zone.

He said equipment like drones and GSM trackers are being used to neutralise bandits in the state.
 

You may be interested

What Mesut Ozil said after joining Fenerbahce from Arsenal
News
1 views
News
1 views

What Mesut Ozil said after joining Fenerbahce from Arsenal

admin - January 18, 2021

Arsenal striker, Alexandre Lacazette, has wasted little time in staking his claim to take Mesut Ozil’s soon-to-be-vacant No.10 shirt. Lacazette,…

School reopening: FG, state govts confused – Shehu Sani
News
2 views
News
2 views

School reopening: FG, state govts confused – Shehu Sani

admin - January 18, 2021

Private and public schools have resumed for the first and second term across Lagos State, DAILY POST reports. The federal…

COVID-19: Parents told not to send children to schools
News
1 views
News
1 views

COVID-19: Parents told not to send children to schools

admin - January 18, 2021

Olusegun Bamgbose, National Coordinator, Concerned Advocates for Good Governance, CAGG, has warned parents in the country against sending their children…

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.