Joe Biden Says There Shouldn’t Be A Second Debate If Trump Still Has Covid-19

October 7, 2020
6 Views

debate

Joe Biden Says There Shouldn’t Be A Second Debate If Trump Still Has Covid-19

Democratic presidential nominee, Joe Biden told reporters while boarding a plane to Delaware from Maryland on Tuesday that next week’s presidential debate should be canceled if President Trump is still positive for COVID-19.

Trump, 74, announced last week Friday two days after his first debate with Biden in Cleveland that he had tested positive for Covid-19.

He was admitted to hospital on Friday but left this week Monday after his doctors said he responded well to treatment.

The Centre for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines say people who test positive for the virus should stay home for at least 10 days after symptoms first appear, while people who become severely ill might need to stay home for up to 20 days.

Trump, meanwhile has given no indication he would bow out of the forthcoming debate, saying in a tweet that he is “looking forward” to the debate even as his close associate, Stephen Miller became the latest White House adviser to test positive for the virus.

Democrat Joe Biden has now stated he would be opposed to debating Donald Trump next week as scheduled if the US president is still sick with Covid-19, saying he would want to follow health guidelines.

“I’m looking forward to being able to debate him, but I just hope all the protocols are followed,”
Biden, 77, told reporters as he returned from a speech near the Civil War battlefield site in Gettysburg.

“If he still has COVID, we shouldn’t have a debate.”

“It’s a very serious problem, so I will be guided by… what the docs say is the right thing to do,” Biden said.

You may be interested

Book Review: Oba Tejuoso’s roles in Nigeria’s survival
Entertainment
1 views
Entertainment
1 views

Book Review: Oba Tejuoso’s roles in Nigeria’s survival

admin - October 21, 2020

THE second and third volumes of Oba (Dr) Adedapo Adewale Tejuoso’s book, My 30 Years of Stewardship on the Throne…

#EndSARS: Senate Urges Intervention Of All Nigerians To Stop Protests
News
2 views
News
2 views

#EndSARS: Senate Urges Intervention Of All Nigerians To Stop Protests

admin - October 21, 2020

…Receives  briefs from DSS, Police chiefs BY BODE GBADEBO, Abuja The leadership of the Senate on Wednesday night called on…

Bullets unable to penetrate ‘charm-wielding’ youths in Port Harcourt as policemen open fire (Watch)
Gossip
2 views
Gossip
2 views

Bullets unable to penetrate ‘charm-wielding’ youths in Port Harcourt as policemen open fire (Watch)

admin - October 21, 2020

A video has surfaced online showing the moment police officers opened fire on young protesters in Port Harcourt, Rivers state.…

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.