Barakat Melojuekun accused Abiodun of sexually harassing her.
The heat is now on the Commissioner for Environment in Ogun state, Abiodun Abudu-Balogun after being accused of sexually assaulting a teenager.
The Ogun State Governor, Prince Dapo Abiodun, has now suspended him, according to a report by Nigerian Tribune.
Abudu-Balogun was alleged to have sexually harassed a 16-year-old, Barakat Melojuekun.
The young teenager in a viral video which went round on different social media platforms on Saturday had accused Abudu-Balogun of an attempt to harass her sexually at his Ibiade residence in Ogun Waterside Local Government Area of the state.
However, the commissioner in a statement described the allegation as cheap blackmail on the part of his political adversaries to tarnish his image.
The governor in a statement made available to newsmen and signed by the Secretary to the State Government, Mr. Tokunbo Talabi, said the suspension became imperative so as to enable the commissioner to cooperate fully with the independent investigation being carried out by the police.
The statement said: “Whilst taking cognizance of the principle of a suspect being presumed innocent until proven guilty and the public statement issued by Hon. Abudu-Balogun denying the allegation, as a government with zero tolerance for gender-based violence and indeed any criminality, the suspension is a further demonstration of the commitment of Prince Dapo Abiodun Administration to fairness, equity, justice and the rule of law, no matter who is involved.”
The government assured the public that it would do everything to ensure that justice is served in this case.
The suspended commissioner had been directed to hand over to the permanent secretary in the ministry.
You may be interested
Nearly 100 injured in train accidentadmin - April 19, 2021
Nearly 100 injured in train accident Posted by News Express | 18 April 2021 | 305 times •Egypt president, Abdel…
Northern petrol marketers threaten to withdraw servicesadmin - April 19, 2021
Northern petrol marketers threaten to withdraw services Posted by News Express | 18 April 2021 | 271 times By IBRAHIM…
YouTube gets 72 hours ultimatum to apologise to T. B. Joshua, restore suspended channeladmin - April 19, 2021
YouTube gets 72 hours ultimatum to apologise to T. B. Joshua, restore suspended channel Posted by News Express | 18…