Evgenia Shulyatyeva was found dead in the bathroom of her family home after being electrocuted
Evgenia Shulyatyeva, 26, died at the scene in Kirovo-Chepetsk, Russia, after being electrocuted by the device when it fell into the water.
Evgenia’s death is now being investigated by the Russian Investigative Committee following a string of similar deaths in the country.
Paying tribute to Evgenia, friends posted photos online.
One said: “Sister … rest in peace …. sleep well …. you are forever in our hearts … Call me tomorrow, say that was a just a dream, that this is not the truth.”
Another added: “You were so bright …Sleep well….”
Her death follows that of another girl who was electrocuted in her bath after her phone fell in the water.
Russian martial arts champion Irina Rybnikova, 15, died immediately as a result of the “tragic accident”.
She was a champion fighter in pankration – an ancient Greek form of “no rules” boxing and wrestling – and had been selected for her country’s national team.
Speaking previously after Irina’s death, Yury Agrafonov, the head of radio-electronic department of Irkutsk State University, said: “Water is a good conductor. This is why there was a short circuit when the phone fell into the water.
Another woman, 26-year-old Liliya Novikova, who was dubbed Russia’s “most beautiful poker player”, was found dead from a suspected massive electric shock in her bathroom in June.
Liliya Novikova had been alone at home and her body was discovered on the floor of her bathroom in Moscow.
You may be interested
Help fix Ijegun roadadmin - October 21, 2019
By On Oct 21, 2019 Babajide Sanwo-Olu The situation of roads in Ijegun area of Lagos state has become a…
Creating colours in chaosadmin - October 21, 2019
Our beloved country, Nigeria, is in such a situation that can be best described as “chaotic”. In the political sphere,…