The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has directed banks to block the accounts of eighteen companies under its watch list.
This was contained in a circular signed by the Director of Banking Supervision, CBN, Haruna Mustapha, dated August 18.
The affected companies are:
- Bakori Mega Services,
- Ashambrakh General Enterprise,
- Namuduka Ventures Limited,
- Crosslinks Capital and Investment Limited,
- IGP Global Synergy Limited,
- Davedan Mille Investment Limited,
- Urban Laundry,
- Advanced Multi-Links Services Limited,
- Spray Resources,
- Al-Ishaq Global Resources Limited,
- Himark Intertrades,
- Charblecom Concept Limited,
- Wudatage Global Resources,
- Treynor Soft Ventures,
- Fyrstrym Global Concepts Limited,
- Samarize Global Nigeria Limited,
- Zahraddeen Haruna Shahru, and one unnamed other.
The affected accounts, it was gathered, belong to bureau de change, construction firms, investment companies, laundering services, and property companies.
The post-no-debit restriction implies that all debit transactions will be blocked though the accounts can still receive deposits.
The circular reads in part: “You are hereby directed to place all accounts of the under-listed customers on Post-No-Debit restriction.”
The report also notes that the apex bank did not provide any reason for the action in the circular.
You may be interested
BBNaija: We Were Defending Maria – Saga And Nini On Gossip About Pereadmin - September 19, 2021
Saga and Nini, two Big Brother Naija, Season 6 housemates, have given reason for gossiping about Pere some days ago. Recall…
Two Arrested Over Alleged Attempt To Sell Contaminated Cow Meat In Kwaraadmin - September 19, 2021
According to a report by Daily Post, two persons have been arrested by the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps,…
10 dogs owned by Anambra school proprietor devour two-year-old…admin - September 19, 2021
<!-- 10 dogs owned by Anambra school proprietor devour two-year-old prospective pupil - ElombahNews HomeNews10 dogs owned by Anambra school…