Edo guber: Ganduje warns APC against repeat of Bayelsa incident following Obaseki’s disqualification

June 15, 2020
8 Views

The Kano State Governor, Abdullahi Ganduje, has said he is in support of the All Progressives Congress (APC) decision, to disqualify Governor Godwin Obaseki of Edo State, from the June 22 primaries.

Obaseki will not contest for second term on the platform of the APC, after the party’s screening committee disqualified him, over alleged “defective certificate.”

Ganduje, while speaking with reporters on Monday, said what matters at the moment is the legal implications of the likely outcome of the exercise.

The Kano Governor cited Bayelsa as an example, claiming the ruling party won the election in the state, but lost to the opposition on point of legality at the court.

“As far as Edo is concerned, we are worried about the legality of our action. We believe the national headquarters of our party is doing all it takes to stay in the right course,” Ganduje said.

“We are conscious of legal implications, we don’t want to overlook anything that will turn to be our albatross, the issue of Bayelsa state where we won an election and taken away is still fresh in our memory.”

Ganduje expressed optimism that no matter what happened, the APC would emerge victorious in the forthcoming gubernatorial election in Edo.

You may be interested

COVID-19: Port Harcourt international airport reopens
Entertainment
1 views
Entertainment
1 views

COVID-19: Port Harcourt international airport reopens

admin - July 11, 2020

The Federal Airport Authority (FAAN) has restated commitment towards ensuring zero coronavirus (COVID-19) transmission as Port Harcourt International Airport resumes…

Ondo workers threaten strike over unpaid salary arrears, issue 5-day ultimatum
Entertainment
1 views
Entertainment
1 views

Ondo workers threaten strike over unpaid salary arrears, issue 5-day ultimatum

admin - July 11, 2020

Workers in Ondo State Public Service have threatened to down tools following the government’s failure to pay their outstanding salaries.The…

Troops eliminate notorious bandits, recover cache of arms in Taraba
Entertainment
Entertainment

Troops eliminate notorious bandits, recover cache of arms in Taraba

admin - July 11, 2020

The Defence Headquarters said the troops of “Operation Whirl Stroke”, on Friday, eliminated two notorious bandits who had been attacking…

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.