The virtual meeting of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Governors’ Forum was held on 1st August, 2020. It was presided over by the Chairman, Rt. Hon. Aminu Waziri Tambuwal, CFR.
2. The Governors deliberated on various issues concerning the Forum and the nation.
3. The Governors encouraged all Nigerians to continue various efforts to contain the COVID-19 disease; and, lend support to the cooperative efforts between the States and Federal governments in the federation in the fight against the pandemic and in reopening of schools in a safe and responsible manner.
4. The meeting resolved to set up two Committees of the Forum namely:
i. *Legislative Liaison Committee:* This Committee is expected to liaise with both the national and state legislatures on legislative matters. The Legislative Liaison Committee is also expected to guide the Forum on pending Bills, including the Electoral Act Amendment and Constitution Review matters as it affects the Forum.
Members of the Committee are as follows:
a. Sen. Bala Mohammed – Chairman
b. Dr. Ifeanyi Okowa – Member
c. Hon. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi – Member
d. Gov. Udom Gabriel Emmanuel – Member
e. Sen. Duoye Diri – Member
*ii. Legal Affairs Committee:* This is expected to identify and coordinate legal matters affecting the Forum. In particular, the Committee is expected to guide the Forum on local government, inter-state and federal government relations. It is also expected to explore various infractions of the Constitution by the Federal Government including the arbitrary and illegal deductions from the Federation Account.
Members of the Committee are as follows:
a. Gov. Ezenwo Nyesom Wike – Chairman
b. Gov. Darius Ishaku – Member
c. Gov. Seyi Makinde – Member
d. Gov. Samuel Ioraer Ortom – Member
e. Hon. Bello Mattawale Maradun – Member
The Director General of the Forum will serve as the Secretary to the two Committees.
5. The Forum also welcomed formally the Edo State Governor, Godwin Obaseki and congratulated him on his emergence as the leader of the PDP in Edo State and the party’s candidate in the forthcoming September Gubernatorial election. The Forum further resolved to lend its complete and total support to the PDP in Edo State in order for it to emerge victorious in the forthcoming governorship election in the state.
6. The Forum congratulated Eyitayo Jegede, SAN, on his emergence as the flag bearer of PDP in the forthcoming October Gubernatorial election in Ondo State and resolved to support him and the party to recover Ondo State for the PDP in the election.
7. The Forum enjoined Mr. President, INEC and security agencies to play an impartial role in the elections in Edo and Ondo States, while urging PDP supporters to stay vigilant and ensure that all votes are counted and all votes count.
8. The Forum further reviewed the various PDP Congresses in all States of the federation and resolved to continue to support the party at all levels to enthrone internal democracy and consequently good governance in not only the PDP controlled states but in all the States of the federation.
9. The Forum resolved to thank the National Chairman and members of the National Working Committee of the PDP in the way and manner they conducted primary elections in Edo and Ondo States and the generally rancor free congresses in many states of the federation. It urged the party to continue to deploy conflict resolution mechanisms to resolve any disputes.
10. The meeting was attended by:
i. Rt. Hon. Aminu Waziri Tambuwal – Chairman – Sokoto
ii. Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu – Vice Chairman – Abia
iii. Gov. Ahmadu Umaru Fintiri – Member – Adamawa
iv. Sen. Bala Mohammed – Member – Bauchi
v. Prof (Sen.) Ayade Benedict – Member – Cross River
vi. Sen. (Dr.) Ifeanyi Okowa – Member – Delta
vii. Gov. Godwin Obaseki – Member – Edo
viii. Hon. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi – Member – Enugu
ix. Gov. Seyi Makinde – Member – Oyo
x. Gov. Ezenwo Nyesom Wike – Member – Rivers
xi. Hon. Bello Mattawale Maradun – Member – Zamfara
xii. Engr. David Umahi – Member – Ebonyi
Represented by Deputy Governor – Barr. Eric Kelechi Igwe
xiii. Hon. C.I.D. Maduabum – Director General
Rt. Hon. Aminu Waziri Tambuwal, CFR
PDP Governors’ Forum
DISCLAIMER : Opinion articles are solely the responsibility of the author and does not necessarily reflect the views of the publishers of ElombahNews!
Would you like to be receiving ALL Elombah.com links ‘On The Go’ on WhatsApp Or Telegram? If yes, kindly join us here on WhatsApp or Telegram, or provide us your Telephone number via firstname.lastname@example.org or sms/inbox +2349050382526 and you are good to go!
For adverts & inquiries, call +447460770987, +2349050382526
You may be interested
Boko Haram: More Troubles Likely as Mercenaries Vow Not to Help Nigeria againadmin - December 3, 2020
By PR Nigeria Amidst renewed calls by North East Governors on the Federal Government to engage foreign mercenaries in routing…
Ortom disburses N500m loan to civil servants, political appointeesadmin - December 3, 2020
The Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom on Thursday flagged off a N500 million agricultural value-chain development loan scheme for civil…
Army University bill scales second reading amid strong oppositionadmin - December 3, 2020
The House of Representatives on Thursday passed through second reading a bill to establish the Army University, Biu. The bill…