Application procedures for the 2021/2022 Chevening scholarships in the United Kingdom are open between September 3, and November 3.
The Chevening scholarship is an international scholarship scheme which enables students with leadership and networking skills from 144 countries and territories to undertake postgraduate study or courses in universities in the UK.
In July, the scholarship scheme had said that the application period would be shorter than usual and take place within two months due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Following repeated reminders via its Twitter page, application procedures took off as planned at 12:00 Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) — 1:00 pm for Nigeria and others in West Africa.
Since 1983, over 50,000 professionals across the globe have studied in the UK through the programme, including more than 1,400 Nigerians who benefited from Chevening’s scholarships and fellowships.
Among these are Simon Kolawole, CEO of TheCable; Okey Nwuke, deputy MD of Coscharis Group; Kenneth Amaeshi of the University of Edinburgh, and Herbert Wigwe, CEO of Access Bank.
In 2018, Theresa May, former prime minister of the UK, announced an additional 100 Chevening scholarship slots for African students, a figure which had accounted for a 30 percent increase then.
To be eligible for a Chevening scholarship you must:
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country or territory.
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your award has ended.
- Have completed all components of an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry onto a postgraduate programme at a UK university by the time you submit your application. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK but may be different depending on your course and university choice.
- Have at least two years (equivalent to 2,800 hours) of work experience.
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by July 15, 2021.
You may be interested
Oyediran took after Awolowo in service to humanity, kindness, integrity ― Ladigboluadmin - December 4, 2020
Vice President Yemi Osinbajo; the national leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu; former interim national…
BBNaija Lockdown winner, Laycon, set to release music album in 2021admin - December 4, 2020
BBNaija Lockdown winner, Olamilekan Agbeleshe also known as Laycon, announced to his fans to expect an album in 2021.This statement…
Ibadan indigenes laud Ekanola’s emergence as Acting UI VC, demand substantial statusadmin - December 4, 2020
INDIGENES of Ibadan land have again called for the appointment of an Ibadan man as the substantive next Vice-Chancellor of…