Insecurity: Gov Lalong Orders Onslaught Against Criminals

September 27, 2020
24 Views

Piqued by the recent insecurity breaches in the Plateau State leading to loss of lives, Governor Simon Lalong has met with heads of security agencies where he directed an onslaught against criminals.

Governor Lalong urged security agencies to collaborate with community leaders and other members of the local communities to facilitate investigations into the security challenges in their respective areas.

According to a press statement issued by the director of press and public affairs Simon Makut Macham, the Secretary to the State Government, Prof. Danladi Atu, made the disclosure at the end of an emergency security meeting at the Government House, Jos.

ADVERTISEMENT

He pointed out that the state government noticed the quick response of security agencies but still encourages security agencies to interface with the local population, particularly traditional leaders, community leaders in trying to collaborate to ensure citizens are well secured.

“Government is calling on all community leaders, citizens of Plateau, traditional rulers, to cooperate with security agencies and other non-formal security actors to safe guard the environment, by availing intelligence reports to help in addressing the security challenges we are facing,” he said.

The statement added that  resolutions reached at the end of the meeting were that government would ensure that investigations into the security challenges were concluded and the culprits punished.

“In areas where there are farmers/herders skirmishes, the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) who are custodians of the agro rangers, would be deployed to Barkin-Ladi, Riyom and other areas where such clashes are noticed,” he said.

Lalong appealed to social media bloggers to report with caution and establish the authenticity of their reports, while assuring the people of the state of the state government’s commitment to protect their lives and property .

The statement added  that arrests had already been made over the killing of a tradition ruler in Ratsat village of Foron District, Barkin Ladi LGA, the killing of a DSS operative in Shendam as well as the killing of five people in Vwang district Jos South Local Government Area, saying the perpetrators would be brought to book.

You may be interested

JUST IN: Policemen shooting live rounds at unarmed youths in Yaba, Lagos (Videos)
Gossip
1 views
Gossip
1 views

JUST IN: Policemen shooting live rounds at unarmed youths in Yaba, Lagos (Videos)

admin - October 21, 2020

Men of the Nigerian Police Force are reportedly shooting live rounds in various parts of Lagos at the moment. The…

“I will never be part of carnage” – Bola Ahmed Tinubu denies having a stake in Lekki toll gate and having a hand in Lekki shooting (Video)
Gossip
1 views
Gossip
1 views

“I will never be part of carnage” – Bola Ahmed Tinubu denies having a stake in Lekki toll gate and having a hand in Lekki shooting (Video)

admin - October 21, 2020

Former Governor of Lagos state and National Chieftain of the All Progressives Congress party, Bola Ahmed Tinubu has denied having…

#EndSARS: Nicki Minaj prays for victims of shooting in Lekki
Gossip
Gossip

#EndSARS: Nicki Minaj prays for victims of shooting in Lekki

admin - October 21, 2020

American rapper, Nicki Minaj has joined a growing list of international celebrities who are lending their voice to the #EndSARS…

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.