Xenophobia: 178 Nigerians head home from S/Africa

September 11, 2019
40 Views

<!– Air Peace –>

Air Peace

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs has confirmed that 178 Nigerians are now on their way to Nigeria from South Africa.

The ministry told newsmen in Abuja on Wednesday that the returnees were on board Air Peace Airline expected to touch down at the Murtala International Airport, Lagos, at 11. 15 p.m.

The Ministry officials on the evacuation mission who updated journalists on the development said that the plane earlier scheduled for take-off at 9 a.m. was delayed due to slow checking in and clearance procedures by immigration.

The ministry had earlier stated that 640 Nigerians had registered and willing to return to Nigeria but the first batch would depart Johannesburg on Wednesday while the second batch would depart on Friday.

It said that out of the 313 persons confirmed for the first batch for evacuation, only 84 persons were cleared to embark on the flight.

However, as at the time of this report, it confirmed that 178 Nigerians were on board.

Following the xenophobic attack on Nigerians in South Africa, Mr Allen Onyeama, the Proprietor of Air Peace, volunteered to send an aircraft to evacuate Nigerians willing to return free of charge.

The process which was earlier scheduled to commence on Sept. 6 ran into a hitch when it was discovered that most Nigerians willing to return did not have valid passports or travel documents to complete the immigration process.

You may be interested

Wife of Derek Chauvin says in divorce filing she wants to change her name
News
News

Wife of Derek Chauvin says in divorce filing she wants to change her name

admin - June 2, 2020

Advertisement The estranged wife of former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin intends to change her name and doesn’t want any spousal support,…

A Dance With The Devil
News
1 views
News
1 views

A Dance With The Devil

admin - June 2, 2020

<!-- Coronavirus --> Coronavirus is still out in the open. By Preye Campbell The Federal Government has decided to lift…

Trump threatens to use military to stop protests
News
1 views
News
1 views

Trump threatens to use military to stop protests

admin - June 2, 2020

Trump threatens to use military troops to stop protests The United States President Donald Trump said he would deploy US…

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.