The incorporated trustees of George Uboh Whistle Blowers Network (GUWN) has dragged the Minister of Niger Delta Affairs, Mr. Godswill Akpabio to court over the recent appointment of a Sole Administrator for the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC), Mr. Effiong Akwa.
The suit was filed at the Federal High Court sitting in Abuja, the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
The suit with GUWN as the plaintiff has the Minister of Niger Delta Affairs, Godswill Akpabio, the Minister of Petroleum Resources, President Muhammadu Buhari, the Attorney-General of the Federation, and the Interim Administrator of NDDC as defendants.
In the suit, the plaintiff sought the determination of the following questions:
- Whether by virtue of the code of conduct for Ministers and Special Advisers of the Federal Republic of Nigeria subscribed to by such Ministers, including the 3 defendant, the said 3rd defendant should take decision solely in terms of the public interest, eschewing personal, financial or other material benefits.
- Whether by the relevant provisions of the fiscal responsibility act, 2007, the appointment of the 4th defendant as the Sole Administrator of the Niger Delta Development Commission is ultra vires in circumstances that would lead to corruption, embezzlement and the misuse of public funds ought to be allowed to stand.
- Whether by virtue of the combined effect of section 2(1) of part 1 and section 8 (a) and (b) of part 11 of the Niger Delta Development Commission Act (as amended) 2000, if the appointment of Mr. Effiong Akwa as the Interim Administrator for the Niger Delta Development Commission the powers of the 1st defendant pursuant to the said provisions.
The plaintiff sough the following from the court:
1) a declaration that by virtue of the code of conduct subscribed to by the Ministers and Special Advisers of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, including the 3rd defendant, the said 3rd defendant ought not to take decisions that are solely motivated by personal gain or other material benefits such as political ascendancy.
2) a declaration that by virtue of the relevant provision ( section 50-51) of the fiscal responsibility act, 2007, the appointment of the 4th by the 1st defendant, upon the recommendation of the 3rd defendant, as the interim administrator of the Niger Delta Development Commission in circumstances that would encourage corruption, embezzlement and misuse of public funds ought not to be allowed to stand
3) an order setting aside the appointment of the 4th defendant as the Interim Administrator of the Niger Delta Development Commission, such appointment being ultra vires the powers of the 1st defendant pursuant to the combined effect of Sections 2 (1) of part 1 and Sections 8 (a) and (b) of part 11 of the Niger Delta Development (Establishment act) 2000, as amended.
And for such further order(s) as this honourable court may deem fit to make in the circumstances of this suit.
The suit was filed by Charles Ude, Esq. of Charles Ude & Co. and Kenneth Nkwocha, Esq. on behalf of the plaintiff.
The suit was supported by an affidavit issued by GUWN chairman, Dr. George Uboh.
In the accompanying video, the Whistleblower pointed out why the appointment of Effiong Akwa as NDDC Interim Administrator by Akpabio is ultra vires.
Watch video below:
See the attached exemplary document below:
DISCLAIMER : Opinion articles are solely the responsibility of the author and does not necessarily reflect the views of the publishers of ElombahNews!
Would you like to be receiving ALL ElombahNews links ‘On The Go’ on WhatsApp Or Telegram? If yes, join us here on WhatsApp or Telegram, or provide us your Telephone number via firstname.lastname@example.org or sms/inbox +2349050382526 and you are good to go!
For adverts & inquiries, call +447460770987, +2349050382526
You may be interested
How Marshall Mosher Digitally Recreated The World’s Most Daunting Environmentsadmin - April 14, 2021
By Our Correspondent Virtual reality is on the rise, with more people experiencing things in this digital way every day.…
Champions League: Chelsea, PSG qualify for semi-finaladmin - April 14, 2021
Liverpool boss, Jurgen Klopp has revealed that his side has made ‘special plans’ for dealing with Real Madrid’s Vinicius Jr.…
Police arrest gunmen who kidnapped FRSC officialsadmin - April 14, 2021
Police arrest gunmen who kidnapped FRSC officials Posted by News Express | 13 April 2021 | 188 times •Nasarawa State…