COVID-19: Seven key points of President Buhari’s national broadcast
President Muhammadu Buhari on Monday addressed Nigerians for the third time since the outbreak of the coronavirus in the country.
Buhari assured Nigerians that his government’s palliative distribution was still on.
The president said that he had directed the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN, and other financial institutions to make further plans and provisions for financial stimulus packages for small and medium scale enterprises.
Here are the key points of the president’s speech:
1. Restriction on social and religious gatherings remains in place.
2. Lockdown still in place in Lagos, Abuja and Ogun.
3. Kano on total lockdown for the next two weeks
4. From May 4, selected businesses to open from 8am to 6pm
5. Lockdown to be relaxed by Monday, May 4.
6. Curfew applies from 8pm to 6am.
7. No interstate movement of passengers until further notice.
You may be interested
Buhari salutes banker, politician Adebayo Adelabu @50admin - September 29, 2020
President Muhammadu Buhari President Muhammadu Buhari has greeted a seasoned banker and politician, Chief Adebayo Adelabu, on the occasion of…
Ogun State Gov, Dapo Abiodun congratulates Laycon on winning BBNadmin - September 29, 2020
Governor of Ogun state, Dapo Abiodun has taken to social media to congratulate Big Brother Naija: Lockdown winner, Laycon on…