Nigerian govt reacts to alleged demolition of its High Commission staff quarters in Ghana

June 21, 2020
24 Views

The Minister of Foreign Affairs, Geoffrey Onyeama has reacted to the demolition of a section of the staff quarters of the Nigerian High Commission in Ghana.

A source at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs who spoke to newsmen had said that a businessman had previously claimed ownership of the piece of land where the Nigerian High Commission’s staff quarters were erected.

The source equally stated that the man showed up last week with some papers to support his claim and began to knock down the fence surrounding the building.

According to the source, the Nigerian High Commission had petitioned the Ghanaian Government about it, but there was no response.

However, the businessman returned to the property on Friday with a bulldozer and began to pull down the buildings.

Reacting, Onyeama in a tweet via his Twitter account on Sunday morning condemned the incident, demanding that urgent action be taken by the Ghanaian government.

He said, ”We strongly condemn two outrageous criminal attacks in Accra, Ghana, on a residential building in our diplomatic premises by unknown persons in which a bulldozer was used to demolish the building.

You may be interested

News

Neglect: South-south Leaders Draw Redline with FG, Say ‘We Must Restructure Now to Guarantee Peace’

admin - November 25, 2020

    Leaders of the South-South on Tuesday, insisted on restructuring of the country and true federalism, including devolution of…

Entertainment
3 views

COVID-19: Nigeria confirms 168 new cases, total now 66,607

admin - November 24, 2020

The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) has recorded 168 new cases of COVID-19, bringing the total number of infections…

Gossip
3 views

Trevor Noah to host 2021 Grammy Awards

admin - November 24, 2020

South African Comedian and host of ‘The Daily Show’, Trevor Noah has been picked to host next year’s Grammy Awards.…

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.