Nigerian striker confirms he wants to leave Liverpool

November 30, 2020
15 Views

Nigeria striker, Taiwo Awoniyi, has admitted he prefers to leave Liverpool, after failing to secure a UK work permit since his arrival in 2015.

Awoniyi joined the Reds following his heroics at the 2013 FIFA U17 World Cup and 2015 Africa U20 Championship, where he helped Nigeria win both tournaments.

Since then, the 23-year-old has had seven loan stints in clubs across Germany, the Netherlands and Belgium.

In an interview with ESPN, Awoniyi stated he would love to play for Jurgen Klopp’s side, but was left considering his options after another loan deal was agreed with Union Berlin in September for the 2020/2021 season.

“It is my dream to play for Liverpool. But me playing for Liverpool has to do with getting my work permit,” Awoniyi said.

“Without it, there is no chance for me to discuss playing for Liverpool for now.

“This season was maybe a bit tough to make the decision because honestly, I was hoping to leave permanently.

“Liverpool has been great, they have been so supportive and we always talk with the director and every time, they tell me to be patient.

“But the reason I discussed something permanent this season was just that I felt most loans I have been to, have not really been the way I want it.

“And I felt like it happens that way because the loan players get less of an advantage than the players of their own club.

“That was what made me think, okay, maybe it’s time to find a home with my family.”

You may be interested

News
3 views

U.S. attorney says no direct evidence of kidnapping plot at Capitol

admin - January 16, 2021

<!-- U.S. attorney says no direct evidence of kidnapping plot at Capitol – ElombahNews HomeWorld NewsU.S. attorney says no direct…

Police confirm death of AIG Babas
News
3 views
News
3 views

Police confirm death of AIG Babas

admin - January 16, 2021

By Kola Adeyemi [NAN] AIG, Mr. Yunana Babas is dead. The Assistant Inspector-General (AIG) of police in charge of Zone…

PGA to move Mexico Championship to Florida due to COVID-19
News
3 views
News
3 views

PGA to move Mexico Championship to Florida due to COVID-19

admin - January 16, 2021

Due to logistical challenges posed by the coronavirus pandemic, the World Golf Championships-Mexico Championship will not be played in Mexico…

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.